Last revision date : 15/10/2019
1.1 This site (https://hobon.be) is the property of and is managed by Etablissementen Paul Van Hollebeke nv, with its registered office at 8800 Roeselare, Oostnieuwkerksesteenweg 207 (« We » or « Van Hollebeke »). We are a family-run business that specialises in the manufacture of customised plastic packaging films.
We are the party responsible for the processing of personal data by our company.
1.2 As a business, we do our utmost to protect the personal data entrusted to us and to process it in a correct and transparent way, and in accordance with applicable law, specifically the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (« GDPR »).
2.2 When we refer to « this Site », we mean the web pages that start with the following url: https://hobon.be
3. HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
3.1 We can obtain your personal data during the course of carrying out our activities, or when you use this Site and the applications offered on it.
3.2 We can obtain such personal data because you give it to us (for example, via a form on this Site, by contacting us, etc.), because others have given it to us (for example, your employee or third party service providers we use in connection with our activities), or because the information is publicly available.
Additionally, we may also obtain your personal data from the way in which you interact with us.
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
4.1 The personal data we collect may include the following:
- standard identification and contact details (e.g. name, (personal/work) address, (personal/work) telephone number, (private/work) email address;
- electronic identification details (IP addresses, browser type, etc.);
- personal characteristics (e.g. age, sex, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, language; …);
- financial details (e.g. bank account number, …);
- lifestyle and social circumstances;
- family circumstances (e.g. marital status, …);
- position and educational qualifications (e.g. the organisation for which you work, your job title, qualifications, …);
- information you have provided on forms (e.g. appointment and contact forms) and all possible services and communication channels we offer;
- information about how you use our products and services;
- information you provide us when you visit one of our showrooms, and the interest you show in our products and services;
- information about your use of this Site
- information about how you interact with us and other similar information.
4.2 We collect personal data for the following specific service, amongst others, via this Site:
You can contact us via this Site for more information and for queries and advice. We process the following details for this purpose: name, email address and your message or request.
4.3 When you visit our company, we always collect your details for the purpose of further follow-up. We update the following information about you in particular: name, company name, time of arrival.
5. FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
5.1 We process your personal data for permissible commercial purposes. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- client and supplier management;
- follow-up with visitors;
- management of orders and deliveries;
- invoicing and bookkeeping;
- the provision of information about our company, products, services and special offers;
- efficient organisation of our (online) services;
- direct marketing and sales;
- responding to queries, requests and complaints from clients and suppliers;
- dispute resolution;
- public relations;
- statistics and market research;
- access control;
- compliance with statutory obligations.
6. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
6.1 We process your personal data for the purposes outlined above:
- with a view to concluding and executing agreements with you, including (but not limited to) bookkeeping, invoicing and deliveries;
- to comply with statutory obligations;
- in connection with the legitimate interests of our Company and/or a third party, such as (but not limited to) the smooth functioning of our business activities, client management, follow-up with our visitors, etc, and after weighing up interests. You can always contact us if you would like more information about this.
6.2 If there is a statutory obligation for us to obtain your free, informed, specific and unambiguous permission to process your personal data for specific purposes (e.g. very specific direct marketing and market research activities), we will only process your data for these purposes if we have obtained such permission from you.
7. WITH WHOM MAY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
7.1 We can share your personal data with affiliated companies and third parties that reasonably need access to this data to facilitate one or more of the abovementioned purposes. It may concern the following parties:
- external service providers the Company commissions to carry out various business services;
- law enforcement and government agencies in accordance with applicable law;
- external professional consultants (e.g. the Company’s lawyers or consultants)
We do not share your personal data with parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where the law does not offer the same level of data protection.
7.2 We can share your personal data with third parties (e.g. marketeers) for direct marketing purposes, including targeted advertising, with your explicit consent.
8. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
8.1 We take stringent technical and organisational (security) measures to protect your personal data from access by unauthorised persons, unauthorised processing, misuse, damage, loss and destruction, both online and offline.
8.2 These measures include, amongst others:
- training specific staff members to ensure they are aware of our obligations in respect of data protection when they handle personal data;
- administrative and technical measures to limit access to personal data to that which is necessary;
- technical security measures, including passwords, firewalls, anti-virus software and encryption;
- physical security measures, such as security badges, to prevent access to our business premises.
8.3 Although we take appropriate security measures as soon as we receive your personal data, data transfer via the internet (including email), is never completely secure. We do our utmost to protect your personal data, but can never fully guarantee the security of personal data sent to or by us.
We limit access to your personal data to people who reasonably need this information to carry out their work.
9. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
9.1 As a rule, the personal data we process in the context of use of our services is stored for a period of 5 years from the moment it is obtained. The same applies to messages you send us via email or any other means of communication.
9.2 We will retain all other personal data for a reasonable period, namely the longest of the following periods: (i) as long as needed for the relevant activity or service; (ii) the statutory retention period; of (iii) the limitation period within which legal proceedings can be commenced.
10. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA USED FOR AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING?
10.1 Automated decisions are decisions about people based purely on automated processing of personal data and which could have considerable legal consequences for people.
As a rule, we do not use personal data for automated decision-making. We therefore make no decisions about you based on the automated processing of personal data.
11. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
11.1 You have various rights in relation to your personal data processed by us. In particular, you have the right to:
- view your personal data and be sent a copy;
- request that your personal data be updated or improved if you believe it is incomplete or incorrect;
- request that your personal data be deleted, or that the way in which we use your data be limited if you believe we no longer have a legal basis to process it;
- withdraw your permission for us to process your personal data (insofar as processing requires your permission) ;
- to receive your personal data in a standard, structured and machine-readable format and to transfer it to another party (insofar as processing requires your permission or is based on the execution of an agreement) ;
- to object to the processing of personal data for which we use justified interests as a legal basis, upon which we will cease processing unless we have prevailing compelling and justifiable grounds for such processing.
11.2 You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time by contacting us (see below), or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the direct marketing messages we send. Your personal data will no longer be used for direct marketing purposes in such cases.
11.3 If you wish to exercise your abovementioned rights, you can:
– send an email to email@example.com
– submit a written request to Arisdonk 139 B-9950 Lievegem
You can also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint about the processing of personal data.
11.4 You have the right to lodge a complaint with the regulatory authority of the member state in which you normally reside if you are dissatisfied with the way in which we handle your personal data.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US ?
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling: +32 9 377 45 16
- sending a written request to: Arisdonk 139 B-9950 Lievegem